A Crown land enquiry form is required for submission to the department regarding:
If you are unsure if the location of your proposed enquiry is on Crown land, your first step is to contact Landgate to identify the owner or management body of the land by:
- calling +61 (0)8 9273 7373
- visiting Landgate's website
- in person at the Landgate Office, at 1 Midland Square, Midland.
If the land is private or freehold, then you will need to contact the owner of that land.
If the land is Crown land, please see below for some of the most common types of Crown land and the bodies, authorities or land owners responsible.
If the department supports a grant of tenure following assessment of the request, and the applicant chooses to proceed, the applicant is responsible for the payment of all costs and disbursements associated with the grant.
These costs may include, but not be limited to:
- costs of negotiating and compensating native title parties and other existing land holders
- applying for and approval of other statutory requirements
- purchase price, lease rental, easement or license fees
- survey and plan preparation costs
- advertising and gazettal costs
- registration and document preparation fees
- GST on any of the above.