Contact us

How can we help you? Phone, email or visit the Department.

Welcome to the Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage. 

You can’t visit us, but we are still open for business during lockdown. Perth and Mandurah offices are closed to the public. 

To contact us, please complete the below enquiry form or browse below for contact details relevant to your enquiry. 

The below form will be processed and referred to a relevant staff member who will respond to your query. Any content submitted that is inappropriate or abusive will not be responded to.

If you have called an officer and haven’t been able to reach them, please leave a message on our Reception line on (08) 6551 8002 and we will arrange someone to assist you.

General enquiry form.  How can we help you?

Maximum allowed length is 1500 characters
General enquiries

Phone us for general enquiries

Please call our office between 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.

Tel: (08) 6551 8002

You may be asked to leave a message with your name, contact number or email address and a brief overview of your enquiry. Our staff are monitoring the Reception line every day and we will arrange for someone to return your call as soon as possible.

Email us

You can contact us by email at your convenience. Please refer to the list below to find the appropriate email address for your query.

Electronic referrals responses by agencies:

Electronic MRS Development Applications by Local Government:

Postal address

Locked Bag 2506
Perth  WA  6001

Visit our Perth Offices

The Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage and the Western Australian Planning Commission is located at:

Gordon Stephenson House, 140 William Street, Perth, Western Australia

The Department is open to the public from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

The public entrance is located on William Street. On arrival all visitors must report to Reception on Level 2 by taking Lift H from the ground floor lobby.

Regional offices

178 Stirling Terrace
PO Box 1108
Albany WA 6331
Tel: (08) 9892 7333
Albany - Aboriginal Heritage
121 Aberdeen Street
Albany WA 6331
Tel: (08) 9845 7370
Unit 2B
23 Coghlan Street
Broome WA   6725
Tel: (08) 9194 3400
Sixth Floor Bunbury Tower
61 Victoria Street
Bunbury WA 6230
Tel: (08) 9791 0577
45 Cathedral Ave
Geraldton WA  6530
Aboriginal Land Tel: (08) 9920 6904
Aboriginal Heritage Tel: (08) 9920 9606
32 Brookman Street
​Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Aboriginal Heritage Tel: (08) 6551 8002
Messmate Building
Kununurra WA 6743
Tel: (08) 9166 7802

Level 1 - Suite 94
16 Dolphin Drive
Mandurah  WA  6210   
Tel: (08) 9586 4680

South Hedland
Suite 2 First Floor
5517 Brand Street
South Hedland WA 6722
Tel: (08) 9160 2251
Media enquiries

We welcome queries from all media outlets. Please direct your query to:

or phone (08) 6551 9038 (will forward to mobile after hours)

For media-related matters only. General queries cannot be responded to through this line.

Aboriginal Heritage contacts

Registrar of Aboriginal Sites

The Registrar of Aboriginal Sites is appointed under the Aboriginal Heritage Act 1972 (Act) to administer the day to day operations of the Aboriginal Cultural Material Committee and also to perform other functions as allocated to the Registrar under the Act.

Australia: (08) 6551 8000
International: +61 8 6551 8000

Postal address:
The Registrar
Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage
Locked Bag 2506

South West Settlement Heritage

Email: South West Settlement Heritage
Ph: (08) 6551 8070

South West Aboriginal Land and Sea Council (SWALSC)

Senior Legal Officer
Email: SWALSC Senior Legal Officer
Ph: (08) 9358 7400

Freedom of information

See the Freedom of information page for details on how to apply for access to information.

WAPC tenants

Emergency after hours phone number

0428 940 253 

For tenant emergency matters only. General queries cannot be responded to or redirected through this line.

ABN information

Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage: 68 565 723 484

WAPC: 35 482 341 493

Aboriginal Affairs Planning Authority: 82 047 653 811

Heritage Council of WA: 16 868 556 261

Investigation Unit

The Department’s Investigation Unit is responsible for investigating allegations of breaches of legislation that is administered by the Department. The Department administers a wide variety of Acts.

Offences the unit investigate include:

  • damage to or alteration of Aboriginal sites
  • building infrastructure without a permit on Crown land
  • commercial wood and tree cutting without a permit on Crown land
  • individuals felling trees and harvesting fallen trees or logs without a permit.

Penalties under the Acts vary and can include significant fines or imprisonment. It is important that we all do our bit to protect the valuable land and heritage in our State and ensuring compliance with legislation plays a key role in this.

Reporting a possible offence

You are encouraged to do your bit to help us investigate offences. If you believe you have witnessed an offence, you can report it to the Investigation Unit on 6551 8100 or 6551 7901, or email

When reporting an offence, please include as much of the following information as possible:

  • date of the incident
  • description of the incident
  • location of the incident - address, GPS coordinates or other identifying information
  • vehicle description, description of persons involved, and photographs or video
  • your contact details - so that the Investigation Unit can contact you for more information.

If you wish to advise the Department of a complaint, please use our online complaints form.

Complaints form

Page last reviewed 29 June 2021
Go toTop of the page