WAPC/Department of Planning website
Our website was designed and tested to be viewed on the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer - version 9 and above
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla FireFox
- Apple Safari
To make a payment using the Department's secure payment gateway you will require TLS 1.1 (Transport Layer Security) enabled in your browser.
The following browsers have TLS 1.1 enabled by default
- Internet Explorer - version 11 and above
- Google Chrome - version 22 and above
- Mozilla FireFox - version 27 and above
- Apple Safari - version 9 and above
Internet Explorer 9 and 10 require configuration to be TLS 1.1 enabled which as outlined below.
Enabling TLS 1.1 in Internet Explorer 9 and 10.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab
- Scroll down until you see the Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2
- Check both options
- Close your browser down completely or restart your PC
Why do we require TLS 1.1
The Payment Card Industry (PCI) no longer considers SSL/TLS 1.0 as strong cryptology capable of protecting your confidentiality from 3rd Parties. The PCI Data Security Standard (DSS) version 3.1 has been updated to require TLS 1.1 as a minimum level of cryptology to protect credit card payments.
The Department of Planning will update its security policies to meet the new PCI DSS 3.1 standard which will exclude browsers that do not support TLS 1.1 (and therefore do not meet the minimum safe standard as recommended by PCI) from using the payment gateway.