The Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage, on behalf of Mugarinya Community Association Incorporated (MCAI), is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) to operate a pastoral enterprise for Kangan Pastoral Station (lease N049839) in conjunction with pastoral operations for two Yandeyarra reserves (31427 and 31428).
The properties have long been managed as a combined pastoral enterprise of 604,672 hectares, with an estimated potential carrying capacity of 8,812 cattle units.
The successful proponent will be granted a sub-lease of Kangan Pastoral Station and a grazing licence over the Yandeyarra reserves.
Assessment of proposals will be via a two-stage process:
1. Expression of Interest – lodged by email to email@example.com by Friday 26 March 2021.
Shortlisting of respondents will begin after that date. Respondents will need to provide a written submission that:
- demonstrates an ability and capacity to undertake an economically viable and ecologically sustainable pastoral operation across both Kangan Pastoral Station and the Yandeyarra reserves
- addresses how continued access to country will be managed and the protection of cultural sites will be ensured
- demonstrates a willingness and successful track record of working with Aboriginal people, communities and organisations.
Successful respondents will be invited to participate in Stage 2.
Please note: Respondents are not permitted to undertake a site inspection during this stage. Failure to comply will result in disqualification from the process.
2. Request for Proposal – lodged by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage, Locked Bag 2506, Perth WA 6001 by Friday 28 May 2021.
Respondents shortlisted at Stage 1 will be invited to submit a Request for Proposal, which will include financial details and a Development Plan for Kangan Station and the Yandeyarra reserves. There will be an opportunity to undertake a site inspection during this stage.
Further information will be provided to shortlisted respondents.
For more information, please email email@example.com or contact Rory Whitelaw on 6552 4741.