The site is approximately 16 hectares in size and is bounded by Selby Street to the east and Lemnos Street to the south, as depicted on Western Australian Planning Commission plan numbered 3.2622.The site is approximately 16 hectares in size and is bounded by Selby Street to the east and Lemnos Street to the south, as depicted on Western Australian Planning Commission plan numbered 3.2622.
The statutory land use planning framework for the Shenton Park Hospital Redevelopment Site is provided by:
The Shenton Park Hospital Redevelopment Improvement Scheme was gazetted 17 January 2017 and is now the operative planning scheme for the former hospital site. The local planning schemes (City of Nedlands and City of Subiaco) and the Metropolitan Region Scheme now cease to apply for the area of the Improvement Scheme site.
The objectives of the scheme are:
- to facilitate the redevelopment of the site and delivery of land in a coordinated manner which balances the existing environment and strategic value of the site
- to achieve high quality built form and public place design
- to enhance and integrate key attributes of the site in a manner consistent with the overall redevelopment objective
- to integrate development of the public and private realm and to establish a safe and vibrant precinct together with a range of permanent residential dwelling types and uses which will enhance housing diversity and choice within the broad locality
- to facilitate the provision of an effective, efficient, integrated and safe transport network which provides for the needs of pedestrians, cyclists, public transport users and motorists
- to encourage development to incorporate sustainable technologies and design including best practices with regard to energy efficiency, water sensitive urban design and bush fire safety requirements.
The finalisation of the scheme means that the Western Australian Planning Commission is now the responsible authority for the assessment of development applications.
The scheme text sets out:
the planning framework for the redevelopment site;
- zones and use of land
- general development requirements
- requirement for development approval
- applications for development approval
- procedure for dealing with applications for development approval
- bushfire risk management
- enforcement and administration.
Lodging an application for development approval
Go to the Lodging an application for development approval page to access the application form, information and tools required to guide you through making an application online.